Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jeans that fit

The real excuse for buying my machine was to hem pants.  I figured if I hemmed just 8 pairs of pants over the life of the machine, it would have paid for itself (though I'm sure I overpaid for hemming and underpaid for the machine). =)  Luckily, at the end of October, my mom agreed to watch the little one for a few hours so I could buy some pants for work.  Also luckily, I managed to find a pair of jeans that I liked too.  However, even though they were marked "short," they were still 2.5 inches too long.  That night I pulled up some tutorials on hemming pants (there are a million of them and I don't know which one I used, so I won't link here) and the next day I tackled the jeans while Joseph napped.  And yes, I was so proud of my newly hemmed pants, I even took a picture.

1 comment: